Last Updated: 16 Aug 2022
The Port of Jakhau is a fair weather port on the Gulf of Kutch, Kutch District, in the state of Gujarat, India. Situated on Godia Creek, and 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from the village of Jakhau, it provides an anchorage port. The port is partially sheltered from the direct sea-waves, but remains closed during the monsoon season. The port is operated by the Gujarat Maritime Board.
|UN Locator Code||INJAK
|Location||Latitude : 23° 14' N
Longitude : 68° 35' E
|Anchorage Area||The anchor point for this port is about 7.5 nautical miles south west of the entrance to Godia Creek. The cargo is handled in steamer at anchor point. Fishing boats and small crafts/vessels can come alongside the jetty during high tide.
1. 1st Anchorage position - LAT. 23' 06.50N, LONG 068'16.70E
2. 2nd Anchorage position - LAT. 23' 11.11N, LONG 068'23.40E
3. 3rd Anchorage Position - LAT. 23'12.4N, LONG 068'27.2E
|Pilot boarding||NOT AVAILABLE|
|Maneuvering time from Anchorage to Berth||NOT REQUIRED SINCE ANCHORAGE PORT|
|VHF Channel Number||VHF CH.NO. 16
|Water Density||Water Density 1.24 to 1.025 (Sea Water)|
|Weather||Monsoon period : May 15 to September 14. (PORT REMAIN CLOSED IN THE MONSOON PERIOD)
|BA Charts required||Admiralty : 826
Indian Naval Hydrographic : 2005
Indian Naval Hydrographic : 2034
|Stevedoring Working Hrs||24 HRS DAY|
|Discharge Facility||Entire Cargo Discharge at anchorage only by Ship's Gear and Grabs on Barges.
NO Floating crane available
|Vessel Age Permitted||25 Years & subject to class approved by DG SHIPPING.|
|Minimum Crane Outreach||NA.|
|Berth No||LOA(Mrts)||Beam(Mtrs)||Draft(Mtrs)||DWT||Qty||SWL||Cargo Handled|
|ONE BERTH||65.00||13.00||8.00 AT BERTH AND 4.00 MTR IN CHANNEL||NA||NA||NA||SALT|
|RCC OPEN PILED JETTY||200||NA||5.00||NA||NA||NA||CEMENT / CLINKER / COAL|
1) BERTH RESTRICTIONS :
a) At port JAKHAU/SANGHI, vessel work their cargo at Anchorage.
b) Since it is an anchorage port, there are no restrictions on LOA/BEAM/DRAFTS.
c) Master to anchor in safe waters subject to weather/traffic/tide conditions ensuring safety of the vessel as per anchorage point given by port.
Export: Salt and Clinker
Import : Coal
For loading & discharging rate, Please contact us on web chat or e-mail at email@example.com
BARGE Loading by Conveyor belt system only for salt.
1) HEALTH AND MEDICAL : Hospital with 100 beds is situated 100 KM (Bhuj City) from Port.
2) BUNKER SUPPLY : NOT AVAILABLE
3) FRESH WATER : NOT AVAILABLE
4) GARBAGE REMOVAL : NOT AVAILABLE
5) SLUDGE REMOVAL : NOT AVAILABLE
6) WORKSHOP : All types of repair facility provided by approved workshop located at Gandhidham City near Kandla Port.
7) SIGN ON-OFF : Not Permitted
8) SPARES delivery possible on board via air cargo from Mumbai or Ahmadabad.
LAST UPDATED ON : 10-8-2022
1) PORT DUES :
a) $ 0.333 Per GRT of Vessel
2) INDIAN LIGHT HOUSE DUES : INR 08.00 per NRT
3) VTS CHARGES : INR 4.84 Per GRT
NOTE : 18 % GST WILL BE APPLICABLE ON ABOVE RATE
Above restrictions / information are current and are subject to change without any prior intimation from port authorities