Last Updated: 12 May 2020
HALDIA -HDC is situated at a Latitude of 22°02' North and Longitude - 88°06' East. shores of the river Hooghly which are within 45.7 meters from the highest high water levels on either side of the bank. The port of Haldia is a river in port and the designated berth is located within the impounded dock system. The entrance to the dock system is controlled by lock gates and the river passage of 70 nautical miles from the sea known as SANDHEADS is governed by the available draft depending on the tide of the day and is negotiated under the guidance of knowledgeable pilots of the Port.
|UN Locator Code||IN HAL|
|Location||Latitude of 22°02' North
Longitude - 88°06' East.
|Anchorage Area||updated soon.....|
|Pilot boarding||All vessels approaching Sand heads in the vicinity of Eastern Channel Light Vessel at position Lat: 21003’00” N
& Long: 88011’30” should contact Pilot vessel identified as “Sandheads Pilot” over VHF/RT (Frequency Rx/Tx
4147.4 & 8295.4 KHz) for instructions. Also contact VTMS Station referred to as “VTMS Control” on VHF Ch 16
& 68 for instructions with regard to anchoring or picking up Pilot
WAY POINTS. FROM SANDHEADS TO PILOT BOARDING GROUND
W.P -1 21 04.0 N 088 12.5 E
W.P -2 21 17.0 N 088 12.5 E
W.P -3 21 22.0 N 088 10.2 E
W.P -4 21 25.5 N 088 07.9 E
W.P -5 21 30.0 N 088 07.0 E
W.P -6 21 33.3 N 088 06.0 E
W.P -7 21 36.7 N 088 03.0 E
|Maneuvering time from Anchorage to Berth||About 6 to 7 hours of total maneuvering from sandheads to the Approach jetty|
|VHF Channel Number||VHF Ch 16 & 68
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|Water Density||Density of dock water is 1000 - 1005.|
|Weather||- All weather working port
- Mansoon 15th June to 15th Sept around.
|BA Charts required||BA123, BA135, BA136|
|Stevedoring Working Hrs||1ST SHIFT:- 0600 - 1400 - BREAK TIME: 1000 - 1030LT.,
2ND SHIFT: 1400 - 2200 - BREAK TIME-1800 – 1830LT
3RD SHIFT:- 2200 - 0600 - BREAK TIME- 0200 – 0230LT.
|Tide||TIDABLE PORT - EVERY MONTH TIDE TABLE ISSUE BY PORT CONTROL. - ALL VESSEL BERTHING 7 SAILING BASIS TIDE.|
|Discharge Facility||SHIP'S & SHORE CRANE - HARBOUR MOBILE CRANE AVAILABLE ON SOME OF BERTH.|
|Vessel Age Permitted||25 Years & subject to class approved by DG SHIPPING.|
|Minimum Crane Outreach||updated soon.....|
|Berth No||LOA(Mrts)||Beam(Mtrs)||Draft(Mtrs)||DWT||Qty||SWL||Cargo Handled|
1. Haldia Docks - Upto 230 mtrs. LOA and maximum draft upto 8.5 mtrs.
2. (A) For No.1 Haldia Oil Jetty - Upto 170 mtrs. LOA 11th8.68.8 and draft upto 7.0 mtrs.
(B) For No.3 Haldia Oil Jetty - 120 mtrs. To 135 mtrs. and 13th8.38.5 draft upto 7.0 mtrs.
3. Port Permissible draft is basis LOA - upto 180.00 Mtrs & over 180.00 Mtrs - Every month port issue circular for draft restriction.
1 ) The pilotage distance to Haldia is 121 Kms comprising 46 kms. of river and 75 kms of sea pilotage. The Port maintains a pilot Vessel/Station at Sagar Roads. The River Pilot embarks on inwards bound vessels at Middleton Point and proceeds up the river.. At Haldia the pilot bringing the vessel from Middleton point hands over the vessel at the lock entrance to the Berthing Master but all vessels bound for oil jetties are taken alongside by the same Pilot.
2) Pilotage is compulsory at Haldia the pilot bringing the vessel from Sandheads hands over the vessel at the lock entrance to the Berthing Master but all vessels bound for oil jetties are taken alongside by the Pilot himself with port berthing tug. - Two nos. of Tugs are used for both Inward & Outward passage.
3) It is expected vessel should be fully equipped with suitable radars etc for night berthing.
4) Night draft apply to tides available between Sunset on that day and Sunrise the following day.
For loading & discharging rate, Please contact us on web chat or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) HEALTH AND MEDICAL :
2) BUNKER SUPPLY :
3) FRESH WATER : Available at all berths are on prior requisition and on chargeable basis.
4) GARBAGE REMOVAL : Garbage removal facility is available on prior requisition and chargeable basis
5) SLUDGE REMOVAL : can be do through agents by registered contractors.
6) WORKSHOP : All types of repair facility provided by approved workshop.
7) SIGN ON-OFF : Permitted [except Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladeshi, China]
a) Nearest Kolkata Port International Airport 125 KM around away from port.
b) Hotel facility available at HALDIA City.
8) SPARES delivery possible on board via air cargo from Kolkata Air Custom.
Dry Cargo Marine Tariff : -
1) PORT DUES :
a) $ 0.52599 Per GRT of Vessel
2) PILOTAGE CHARGES :
*Vessel engaged in Foreign Trade
a) $ 0.94020 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT upto 30000)
b) $ 28206.09 + $ 0.75216 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT above 30000 and upto GRT 60000)
c) $ 50770.83 + $ 0.65813 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT above 60000)
* Vessel engaged in Coastal Trade
a) INR 17.357 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT upto 30000)
b) INR 520707.00 + INR 13.8861 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT above 30000 and upto GRT 60000)
c) INR 937289.00 + INR 12.1503 Per GRT of Vessel (For GRT above 60000)
Includes one Berthing and one Un-berthing.
3) BERTH HIRE CHARGES :
a) $ 0.004378 per GRT per Hour
- First line ashore to All cast off
4) TYRE FENDER CHARGES : $ 100 Per Fender
5) GARBAGE CLEARANCE (Compulsory by Port) : $ 50
6) INDIAN LIGHT HOUSE DUES : INR 08.00 per NRT (GST not applicable)
Note : GST 18% applicable on all kind of services.
1) FENDERS FOR DOUBLE BANKING - As per the port regulation, all Haldia bound vessels except for Vessels calling for the Oil Jetties, should have a min 4/5 fenders on board (at least 4/5 old Car Tyre Fenders) for double banking and accept any double banking vessel if instructed by port. Pneumatic Yokohama fenders are also available, which are chargeable by Port.
2) DRAUGHT SURVEY CONDUCTED AT LOCKS - The Port Authorities have requested for the draught survey to be conducted at the locks and surveyors can sail from the locks to the berth to enable complete the survey prior arrival berth, to save time and commence loading or discharge soonest after berthing.
3) READINESS TO SAIL - Master of the vessel is required to send an e-mail to the HDC Marine stating the time of cargo operation completed & the readiness to unberth time, to enable claim berth hire which ceases 4 hours after the booked tide, in cases, where the pilot was booked for a tide but was allotted to some other vessel.
Above restrictions / information are current and are subject to change without any prior intimation from port authorities