Last Updated: 17 Aug 2022
The Port of Magdalla is a port in western India, located on the southern bank of the Tapi River, around 10 km from Surat.
|UN Locator Code||INMDA|
|Location||Latitude: 21° 8' 27" N
Longitude:72°44' 26" E
|Anchorage Area||Only Anchorage Operation Working Anchorage Position:- 21.02.0 N, 072.34.5 E 20.59.0 N, 072.34.5 E 20.59.0 N, 072.36.5 E 21.02.0 N, 072.36.0 E|
|Pilot boarding||Pilot is not compulsory.|
|Maneuvering time from Anchorage to Berth||updated soon.....|
|VHF Channel Number||VHF Ch: 71 & 16, ESSAR BASE|
|Water Density||1.020 - 1.024|
|Weather||Mid Jun-Sept : SW monsoon : Winds mod-strong SW, Occasional cyclones
Oct-Nov : Interim period : Winds lighter, Occasional cyclones
|BA Charts required||Approach Chart : BA 3473 or Indian chart 2108|
|Stevedoring Working Hrs||Shift Change timings for Break Bulk Cargo is as below
0700 - 0800 Shift Change
1300 - 1400 Lunch Break
1300 - 1400 Lunch Break
2100-2200 Dinner Break
|Tide||Low to High Tide - Southwest to North
Rotation - 260 Deg to 304 Deg
High to Low Tide - Northwest to South East
Rotation - 176 Deg to 194 Deg
|Discharge Facility||Shore crane & barges are available|
|Vessel Age Permitted||25 Years & subject to class approved by DG SHIPPING.|
|Minimum Crane Outreach||N.A.|
|Berth No||LOA(Mrts)||Beam(Mtrs)||Draft(Mtrs)||DWT||Qty||SWL||Cargo Handled|
|MAGDALLA PORT TERMINAL|
|GMB Jetty No. 1||210||21||-||-||-||Import : Rock Phosphate, Coal, Machinery Export : Mill Scale, Soyabean and Molasses etc.|
|GMB Jetty No. 2: (Used by NCCL)||143 m||11 m||-||-||-||-||Cement & Clinker|
|ESSAR Jetties (Captive Jetties)||457 + 592 = 1049 m||12 m||-||-||-||-||Import: Iron Ore, Scrap, Lime Stone, Pig Iron, Steel Slabs etc. and Exports: H.R.Coils, Sheets, Iron ore fines etc.|
1) No LOA / BEAM/ AIR Draft Restrictions.
2) FLOATING CRANE & MOBILE CRANE:- Not Available. Loading / discharging only from vessel crane at anchorage.
Navigation provide by VTMS upon arrival of the vessel.
VTMS, Magdalla Port on VHF Channel 09 or 16
1) Floating Units:
a. 01 No. Patrol boat for patrolling operation under ISPS code 470 BHP.
b. Work Barge (Dumb) 100 MT
2) Crawler crane (Tata - 320) with capacity of 16 MT and boom length 40 feets
3) Computerized weighbridge (GPIDCL) with 100 MT capacity
4) Open Plots: 6 nos. with an area of 29644 sq.m.
5) Godown - 1 no. (Used for departmental stores/workshop etc.)
6)Vessel Traffic and Port Management System
It is the only Minor Port in the country to have developed its own Vessel Traffic and Port Management System for safe navigation in the long navigational channel of River Tapi. VTPMS station is round the clock manned by qualified Master Mariners and provided with:
7) Radar System
9) Weather Station
11) H.F. Sets.
13) Computers and Electronic Charts.
Fire fighting system at Magdalla port
14) Fire Tailor Pump: 1 no. with capacity of 1800 LPM
15) Fire Tender: 1 no. with capacity of 3200 LPM
16) Fire fighting network System :
a. Centrifugal Pump - 1 no., Capacity 171 Cum/hrs.
b. M. S. Pipe Lines - 830.33m. and 150 mm dia.
c. Double headed Fire Hydrant - 13 Nos.
d. M.S. Stand Post. - 13 Nos.
e. Hose Box - 13 Nos.
f. Branch Pipe - 13 Nos.
g. Hose Reel 15m. - 26 Nos.
For loading & discharging rate, Please contact us on web chat or e-mail at email@example.com
1) FRESH WATER :- Fresh water is supplied by terminal to the vessel.
2) FUEL & PROVISIONS:- Fuel is not available in local market. Provision can be supplied to the vessel depends on availability.
Latest updated : 16.08.2022
1) PORT DUES :- RATE PER GRT $ 0.333/-
2) PILOTAGE:- NA
3) VTS:- Per GRT INR 4.84
4) BERTH HIRE:- NA
5) PRIORTY:- NA
6) ANCHORAGE:- NA
7) INDIAN LIGHT HOUSE DUES : INR 08.00 per NRT
8) GANGWAY CHARGES : NA
9) FENDER CHARGES : NA
10) PRIORITY : NA
Above restrictions / information are current and are subject to change without any prior intimation from port authorities